Photobucket

Friday, August 20, 2010

1vs1 With Toss - First Time In Months...

I haven't 1vs1'd with Toss since the early beta, so I knew this would be a nerve wrecking experience.

Of course I rolled up against a favored Terran player. Which was the one race I really didn't want to fight.

You see I know Zerg very well, and I'm learning Protoss, but I know very little about playing Terran solo. I've played lots of Terran players, but from Zerg's perspective.

The early game was pretty boring, we both built a lot of units and expanded to our naturals. He had a heavy Siege Tank army with lots of Marines, Maruaders, and Medivacs.

I had a mix of Zealots, Stalkers, Void Rays, Immortals, and Sentries.

Anyway it was some back and close fighting, he was on my heels than I was on his.

Now here is where I lost.

He attacks my third expansion, he doesn't have one at this point. So he attacks my third with a drop, I send my army over to kill off his drop. I lose the expansion anyway, and than he sieges in front of my base with my army outside of it.

So now I have Collasus in my base, that are just finishing, but I had to fight without them. Not only that, he had countered with lots of Marines and Marauders, and my Zealot Stalker army just wasn't enough. The Void Rays went down pretty fast too.


Oh and let me mention, Dark Templar's are even awesome verses Terran. I used them so efficiently to run in and kill off Siege Tanks when my opponent was barely paying attention.

I do need to tighten my Protoss build up a little, I wasn't sure what to build so I went all over the map. I think next game verses Terran I'll do at least dual Robotics Facilities early on.

No comments:

Post a Comment