Photobucket

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Starcraft 2 - Train With Me

What I want to do with this blog is pretty much like this.

I was a Diamond level Starcraft 2 player during the beta.

Now after a few weeks of not playing, I'm starting all over again.

After each match I play, I will come to this blog and write about it.

I do this not just for you but for me, by writing hopefully I can figure out exactly what I need to learn after each game. Why I lossed, what I should do next time, etc.

The bonus for you is that by reading what I have to say you just might learn something too.

Later on I'll find a way to tack on my replays to these posts so you can watch my games, maybe I'll even commentate some later on.

I've never blogged before, I don't really know what I'm doing, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Plus I love writing about my Starcraft 2 games, not only does it give me a way to learn, but it gives me a much better way to learn than just forgetting about the games once they are over.

I'm actually 1-1 in my placement matches right now. Both the two matches were verses Terran players. I managed to beat the first with a Mutalisk harassment, but the second had Turreted up just in time, and sent his superior ground army to destroy me.

I put up Spine Crawlers but was a little bit too late with them. His army hit as they were going up, and partially due to bad positioning I lost my forces right as they finished. The Siege Tank, Marauders, and Marines he had made quick work of my forces. Plus he had Vikings to counter my Mutalisks.

Looking back Mutalisk harassment is risky at best. It will work in some games, but if the Terran Turrets, and he should, than I've invested lots of minerals into units which aern't the best fighters.

I hope my next placement match is verses another Terran player. I think my best bet is to go for a macro game. Terran bases are just so difficult to break into, and if they Turret up, which like I said they should, how am I supposed to attack them?

However if I have superior ground forces, they can't leave there base, and I can expand all over the map. Pretty much have free reign and then win in the long run.

I've lost more games trying to end them quick, I have to learn to be more patient.

Anyways if this project interests you let me know in any way possible, I'm going to keep playing and blogging and we'll see if anyone cares :). Either way it will help me learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment