Photobucket

Monday, August 16, 2010

Dual Protoss vs Dual Terran - The Showdown

That is right! I chose Protoss and was randomed up with another Protoss verses two Terran players.

Well guess what, we stomped those guys.


Beginning was slow as we expected, we both built Stalkers to handle an early rush.

None came for awhile. Eventually they attacked us with a large force of Marines, Marauders, and Medivacs. They had mostly Marauders, which in my opinion, and from what I learned from Joanas guide, is not the best unit to mass verses a Protoss.

Marauders kill Zealots quite well but just about every other Protoss unit does ok to great against Marauders.

I had about five Void Rays and killed off all his marines so it was just me slaughtering Marauders, My partner was doing a lot of the ground fighting too with Immortals and a Collassus.

We also had Photon Cannons, I had strategically placed some on the cliffs edge so they were helping. I also had a few in front of my expansion, this map was Twilight Forces so we had a combined entrance sort of (to our expansions).

I expanded again, built some Carriers, then we attacked and won. They had some Vikings but nowhere near enough, had they used Scanner Sweep they could have seen our army and prepared better. Although I had built some Phoenix's for ant-air as well.

When we hit our final attack on there bases they mostly had Marines, Thors, and Vikings. The Thors were a little late to be effective, as I had about five Carriers and a few Void Rays at this point.

That reminds me, Void Ray speed upgrade is fantastic! I was shocked at how fast they moved with that upgrade, I lost a few because I didn't expect them to move so quick!

I just totally lost my train of thought, I finally got ahold of my friend who I've been playing phone tag with for several days. So I'll just end the blog post here, I'll probably play again tonight.. this still feels like talking to myself a little bit =p

No comments:

Post a Comment