Photobucket

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Friendly Match Verses A Diamond Level Terran

I have a buddy, Genocidal, who plays mainly Terran,. and we decided to have a match for fun.

He was telling about the usefullness of Infestors verses Thors and I was doubting.

The match went well for me in the beginning, expoed before him, definitely had a resource advantage. I built mostly Hydras assuming they would stomp his Thors.

I expoed in an odd corner of the map, to hopefully avoid detection.

Midway into the game, as he was expanding, he launched an attack at my expo.

My troops came from behind his army, which was mostly Thors, with a few Hellions and Siege Tanks.

I was able to kill off the Hellions rather quickly, and I think I got a few Siege Tanks too. With my superior damage from the Hydras.

Unfortunately the Hydra damage was not denting the Thors.

It looked all he had left were Thors, but a lot of them.

I would say about 12-15 Thors.


They were dropping my Hydras a lot faster than I could count. Next thing I knew my army had diminished to nothing. He proceeded to kill both my expansions, leaving me with none.

At this point I realized I needed Infestors to take control of at least some of the Thors. I thought Hydras would do enough damage, but they die to quick.

I thought Roaches had enough hp, but I don't I had enough.

Looking back Infestors were the call, or possibly Guardians if I had more time.

He won that game, I'm looking forward to the next. Thors can be a real problem for Zerg.

No comments:

Post a Comment