Photobucket

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Second Game in Gold League - Zerg (me) Verses Terran (Favored)

Joana's Starcraft 2 strategy guide has brought my gameplay to the next level in just one day, I am so impressed, she has me sold. This is definitely the best guide.

This is my second game in the Gold league under my account. I matched up verses a Random player who was favored, so I knew this would be another test.

The ladder is still trying to figure out where to put me. Anyways this player was smarter than the last, his base was sealed off for my Zergling rush.

I even had some backup Zerglings that became pointless, so instead I through up an expansion and some defense buildings, and built a lot of workers. I figured Mutalisks were a good call because since he was sealed off in the front, I needed another way in.

Plus I had a fast expansion to mine double Vespene (four geysters), which would give me fuel for lots of Mutalisks.

He comes in to harass me with some reapers at my expansion, kills a Vespene Geyster and a few Drones. I had Spines at the expansion, two, but they couldn't reach the Reapers.

Luckily my Zergling speed (which I should have upgraded earlier) finished just in time to give the Zerglings the boost they need to catch the Reapers. Otherwise the Reapers can just hit and run, leaving Zerglings dead in their trail.

So I was able to kill off the Reapers, and I sent my Mutalisks in to harass. I was able to kill about six SCVs before he rallied enough Marines to shake me. I was then able to kill two Supply Depots with my superior speed.

I knew he would Turret up and I saw a Starport push out a Core, so I knew he would go Vikings to counter my Mutalisks. I decided to switch to mass Zerglings, I had a fully running expansion and three Hatcheries at this point.

I started upgrading Zerglings right away and mass producing them. I made sure he didn't expand with my Overlords scouting his expansion.

So I massed a decent amount of Zerglings, probably about 120 food, when he does a push at my expansion. He has a two or three Siege Tanks, two Medivacs, and a nice group of Marauders and Marines. My Zerglings just got their Adrenaling upgarde, and were about two-two in upgrades. His units were only zero one, so even though he had the positional advantage (choke point) I decided to attack him.

Looking back on it this was a completely unnecessary risk. I won the fight but not by a whole bunch, but I knew since I had an expansion running and he didn't, I had a huge advantage.

I quickly rebuilt my army of Zerglings, pumped a few Corrupters (for late game Brood Lords), and through up an expansion.

He tried to expand but I ran my Zerglings down to kill it. I morphed my Corrupters into three Brood Lords and pumped some Hydras to take care of the Vikings. I attacked his main and my victory was assured. I probably went overkill at the end but hey, better safe than sorry.

I'm telling you guys, Joana's Starcraft 2 strategy guide has made an amazing difference for me. Learning to focus on economy and not micro, macro and not micro, plus the tips she gives, I've become a much better player.

I'm not kidding, my last two games after reading her guide today, have been absolutely amazing. I've never been such a good player, and if I keep it up my gameplay has already gone through the roof.

I'm so impressed with Joana's Starcraft 2 strategy guide, I strongly encourage any player, especially Zerg like me, to get this guide immediately!

It has a money back guarantee but trust me, this guide is unbelievable. I'm such a better player, after only one day with the guide. Can you imagine how good I'll be soon? Well you are going to know because I"ll keep blogging after every solo game, and let you know.

Since entering the Gold league I'm two and zero :). I'm pretty proud of myself so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment